Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rappellin'

It's hard to see, but this is Robert rappelling in his favorite style, Aussie style, which is going face forward!

Robert took the elders quorum rappelling this past Saturday. Unfortunately it was a back weekend and only a few brethren could make it. Robert was set on me joining him. I have not rappelled since we were dating. At that point I was 15 years younger and a lot thinner. Needless to say I wasn't that excited about going.

So knowing none of the other wives were going to make it, I took my time going to the temple before heading to Black Cliffs. After resting from the hike to the bottom of the cliffs, we headed up the cliff to rappel down. It had been so long that I forgot how to do everything. I finally headed down and was pretty nervous doing so. However, I made it and went down a few more times before it was time to go. We will have to go again sooner that 15 years so I can do it without freaking next time!

Robert heading down Aussie style.

2 comments:

Orton Family said...

Way to go Hannah! I am glad you had a good time! You are the woman!!!!

Kristi M. said...

Awesome! We would have LOVED to go but it was a really bad weekend for most people and such short notice. Next time with more advance notice we would love to go.