Friday, January 9, 2009

A Miracle??

I just have to say that I think I may have just found myself a miracle pill. Night time around our home is horrid. When Jesse comes off his meds, he gets very hyper and can't sleep until about 11:00 at night. His psychologist recommended asking his pediatrician about using Melatonin for him, so I did today. I gave it to him about 8:45 tonight and then sent the kids to bed. I heard the typical playing that happens every night. About 9:15 Jesse comes out of his room, hands me the bottle and says "See mom no medicine helps me go to sleep." I told him just to go to bed. He finally did and within 5 minutes the house was quiet. THIS NEVER HAPPENS!! There are many times I still hear him as I am going to sleep. I went and checked on him and he was out at about 9:30! I am sitting here now basking in the quiet of our house and hoping that we have found something to truly help Jesse.

2 comments:

The Hemming's said...

WooHoo! How exciting! I hope you have found something that helps. We all need our rest and relaxation time.

Rachel said...

I am so glad for you! I know you've been struggling a bit with this. I hope it continues to work!