Friday, January 9, 2009

Special Delivery

















So I have been racking my brain since I started this challenge for who to give flowers to. There are so many deserving people that I know that I just kept rolling through names in my mind. I really wanted it to be someone who could really use it but the problem with that is who doesn't need a friend to drop off flowers for them. So I knew I needed to deliver them this morning when a friend named Jody popped into my head. She is the stay at home mother of 4 wonderful children. Over Christmas vacation they went to visit family and then came home and moved. I wanted to help them move, but by the time I knew they were home, the move was finished. I figured after all that work flowers would be nice.


So I dropped them off about a half hour ago. When I pulled up her husband was bring a strip of ripped up carpet out to put in a trailer. He called for her to let her know she had company and she called back that she couldn't come so I left the flowers with him. Obviously she was knee deep in ripping out carpet, she did need something to brighten her day. As a sat down to write this she called to say how that was exactly what she needed today. Isn't it great how when we listen to the spirit he will guide our actions. This was a great challenge and I am ready for next weeks (as soon as I figure out what it will be). Enjoy today!


P.S. Apparently I wasn't the only one in my family thinking about flowers lately. This is what I found on the seat of my car when I got out of the temple last night. What a great husband I have! Even when he is so busy working he still has time to think about things to do for me.

1 comments:

Brandon and Katee said...

That is so sweet. You are such a giving person. I just realized that I don't think I got your email to add you to my blog. Will you email me so I can add you? the3bakes@hotmail.com