Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Kindness of a Stranger, Kindess Mondays

Yesterday morning I was out shoveling snow for preschool. In the past I would have waited until nap time so I didn't have to worry about Faith trashing the house while I was outside, but with preschool I needed to have stuff shoveled before class. With the addition of our wonderful new driveway, we have a lot to shovel. I was about 3/4 of the way done when one of the fireman who was out shoveling at the firehouse came over and helped me finish the last little bit. It was great to help me finish sooner so I could make sure Faith was o.k. Many people would have said, well she is almost done so she can finish it herself. However he came over and it so neat to be the recipient of his kindness.

This got me thinking of how I could show more kindness. I was looking through SugarDoodles website and found the Kindness Corner. I hadn't checked this out before, but saw that it had a weekly challenge of kindness. I love this! So I am hopping on board and will be posting either their challenge or one of my one. Then I will talk about how the challenge went for me.

So this weeks is from SugarDoodle and is to take someone some flowers. I will be heading to the store and delivering them by Friday. I will try to post the challenges on Monday and have them completed by Saturday. I hope you will join me with this challenge!

Photo from http://www.cssnz.org/flowers.php

2 comments:

Kristi M. said...

What a great idea. We'll see if I can complete the challenge while I am in California. I will most definately try. I already have an idea brewing in my head. Can't wait for more.

Valerie said...

That is such a fun idea and a nice way to make sure you do something for someone else. Thanks for the inspiring challenge from a stranger in cyberspace.