Friday, January 2, 2009

We Are Finished!

Well after a few weeks of chaos around our home, things are finally back to normal. The floor is finished, the walls are painted, and the furniture is moved back in. I am loving my new living room. K.C. did an amazing job on the floor. The pictures I posted before were before the finish was on. Once he put on the finish it really brought out the colors in the wood and it is great how closely it matches the wood trimming.

My friend Carmen came over and helped us paint the room next. When picked a pomegranate (burgundy) color for the accent wall and cappuccino (beige) for the rest of the walls. After we had it all painted we noticed that the beige walls had a very strong pink tint to it. YUCK! So the options was to repaint the walls. The new beige color (basic beige) is lighter than I wanted, but at least it isn't pink.

Jesse was great at helping and painted several of the walls for us on the first coat of paint. Faith was wanting to be right involved also.


Here is the finished project (one picture I used flash on because it was evening when I look the pictures). The floor looks great with all the furniture and the new paint.

1 comments:

Kristi M. said...

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see it on Monday. Beige is such a tricky thing. It can look great or horrible. I found my color at a Parade of Homes house in Eagle years ago. Such a lifesaver. Just awesome!