Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Side I Wish All Could See

This morning Jesse woke up early and got ready for school without any fighting. So while he was eating breakfast, I went and got my shower. When I got out he came in and told me he had gotten my breakfast for me. At first I was a little worried because I usually don't eat what most of the family eats for breakfast. So I asked him what he made for me. He told me he got out one of my yogurts and my bagel (English muffin) and toasted it but he didn't butter it because the only butter he saw wasn't opened. I could tell he put a lot of thought into getting my breakfast because he only got out things I would eat and the butter he is referring to is the butter spray I use instead of regular butter that the family uses.

This is a side of Jesse that I wish everyone were able to see. He has such an amazing heart and is really caring and loving. So often all people see of him is the rambunctious, aggressive, hyper child who is always in trouble. I worry so much for him and his future. I worry that he will always be judged by his negative actions that he struggles to control and that people won't take the time it takes to really see inside him. He has such a love for Heavenly Father and Jesus, but struggles expressing it as most people do. I truly love Jesse and love how willing he is to be of service to us!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think that a lot of kids who have outward troubles have great hearts! Sometimes even bigger hearts than those who don't have those outward troubles. I can see that Jesse is a great kid! And you're a great mom for him! Keep up the good work! :)

Unknown said...

What a sweetie! He is such a great kid, even though people don't always see it. Your such a patient mom, you're really an amazing person.