Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday- The Peacegiver, Part III (A Few Days Late)

This weeks reading was very interesting and enlightening. It was on the chains of sin and how Satan entangles us in his web of flaxen cords. As this book has often done, things were put in a new light for me. I think I generally feel that I am on the right track in life, with some things that I need to work on and improve on.

One of the things that hit me hardest with this section was that Satan has a hold on us from the first sin. "One transgression, one choice away from the Lord, and what happens? The transgressor becomes blinded to his responsibility for sin, and he begins to fall into the captivity of the devil, which are the chains- the chains of sin- that keep him from feeling the need or desire to return to the Savior. This is how we become subject to the will of the devil when we yield to temptation." Wow! How much do we need to be vigilant in our efforts to avoid even the first sin and to repent in the face of sin. It is when we feel that we least need Christ that we must redouble our efforts to come unto Him and seek his guidance and counsel.

0 comments: