Friday, March 6, 2009

Family Friday- What We Are Up To

This week I bought a sensory box for preschool and filled it with water. Faith loved the box! She played with it for hours playing with all the toys in the water. She would play with it, take a break and do something else for a while, and then be right back at it. Even Britain and Jesse wanted a turn playing in it.
Faith is also a very independent girl. This is her wanting a drink and taking it upon herself to climb up on the counter, get a cup, and then fill it with water. I think her favorite saying is "I want to do it myself!" What a crazy girl!
This week also brought a return to the temple after it being closed for winter cleaning. On Thursday I worked my early shift again because I forgot to let them know that I could work my usual shift because my class was canceled. So I figured I would work and then do some initatories and come home early. Fat chance! The evening volunteers didn't show up. After Irene (the sister I work with) called the Bishop and tried to get volunteers there for an hour and a half, they finally sent one person. That meant that I needed to stay until closing to help out. I was just glad it was on a week I could stay otherwise I would have felt really bad for Irene.

We have also been experimenting with Jesse's diet in hopes of some improvement. We tried this before we put him on medications with little success, but decided to try it again. It has been going good until this evening when he had some major problems. Hopefully we can continue to success through.

Britain is off this afternoon on a YM/YW campout and tubing trip to our Bishop's cabin. He has been very excited all week to go. He had a lot of fun a few months ago when the scouts stayed at the cabin. Britain had to choose between participating in an orchestra festival and the trip, I don't think it was a hard choice for him.

Tyler was pretty upset that she wasn't able to go. She had school orchestra festival tomorrow and 8th graders are required to participate. She will be performing a solo as well as an ensemble with some friends.

The good part about her staying home is that she will be able to spend more time with my sister who should be here in a few hours. I hope you all had a great week. Ours has been busy aw always, but good.

1 comments:

Kristi M. said...

Gunnar is also into doing everything by himself right now. Gunnar loved water time. We have an outdoor Little Tikes water table for the summer and he loves getting drenched. Pretty fun.