Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tell Me The Stories Tuesday-Playing in the Cemetery

Well when I was little (can't remember what age) we lived in Hyde Park, Utah. Right across the street from our apartment was a cemetery. My sisters, friends, and I would go play in the cemetery. I don't think we thought it was creepy, we would just play by the nice trees and grass. Sometimes we would play tag and often we would play Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board.

I think this was one of our favorite games growing up because I can remember playing it in several towns we lived in. We always thought it was freaky. If you never played the game the basic of it are that one person lies down and everyone tries to lift them (which is hard). Then one person sits by their head and while rubbing the temples tells some scary story. Then everyone chants light as a feather, stiff as a board. Then you lift the person again and this time they are really light. Playing it in the cemetery added to the experience. I don't remember a whole lot from this time, and the little I remember is hazy, but this is one thing that has stuck in my mind.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your new theme days! They're so fun to read!

I've never played light as a feather, stiff as a board before. I think I was always too scared! :)