Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tell Me the Stories Tuesday- Senior Prom

My senior year of high school my family moved from Arizona to Idaho. Now we didn't just move to Idaho, but to Downey, Idaho and for a girl used to living in large towns and cities it was a shock! I was used to big high schools, lots of places to go around town, and lots of people. Now I lived in a town of 600 where the high school took in people from 4 towns and the surrounding country. Moving into a place like this is always difficult since people have been friends their entire lives.

Luckily I found some great friends and one of them asked me to prom that year. His name was John. We doubled with our good friends Chris and Katee. Our date started out at Chris's house where we made cookies and shot some archery. That was my first time shooting a bow, so it was pretty funny (I found out what a wimp I am!) For some reason I can't remember what we did for dinner, it was either at Chris's house or at the local Flying J restaurant. Then us girls went home to get ready.

The one thing that I hated about our date is that our dates signed us up for the promenade. This is where at the beginning of the dance they announce you as a couple and you walk into the dance in front of everyone. That was not my idea of fun. I really don't remember the rest of the night (I have a REALLY hard time remembering details of my life) but I know we had a good time at the dance with our friends.

When I got home that night I found out that my biological father had tried to call me that night and my dad fielded the call for me. It amazed me and maddened me that he would try to contact me when he hadn't the majority of my life. It was shortly after this when he tried again that I told him emphatically that I did not want anything to do with him. It was definitely a down point to a great night.

Can you tell what year this was fromthe picture? Take a guess.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is a grrrrrreat picture! I love prom pictures!

Kaselehlia Nicole Heath said...

it was 1993