Monday, September 28, 2009

Gratitude

I am so thankful for the life I have been blessed to lead. It is by no means easy, but it is very fulfilling. I love my wonderful family with all there differences and quirks. It is amazing to watch them grow and become such amazing people.

I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is such a blessing to be able to know my Heavenly Fathers plan for us and to be able to have an eternal family. I love the joy I find in the gospel. I am so grateful for the temple and the opportunity I have to go weekly to partake of the peace and joy there. It truly sustains me through the week.

I am so grateful for the wonderful friends I have. It is such a wonderful thing to be able to turn to them when needed, laugh with them, cry with them, or just hang out instead of working out.

We have been very blessed to find the employment that allows our family to grow and develop through difficult times. It is far from glamorous, but it pays the bills and allows for all our needs.

I am grateful to have the medical assistance that is helping Jesse and Faith with their different medical needs. It is such a joy to see Jesse begin to improve lately and hope that it continues. While I don't know if they will ever be "cured" it is amazing to have only had one ER trip with Faith in the last 2 years instead of 3-4 times a year and to see Jesse improve from hour long (+) meltdowns that were extremely violent to ones lasting minutes instead.

I am so very blessed to have a husband that works so hard and does so much for our family. I love him so much. He is always concerned about taking care of us and is an amazing person.

I am so thankful for the many things I have in my life and for all that the Lord has blessed us with.

2 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I just love this post. After giving a talk in Sacrament meeting on gratitude, I have come to understand that it is so much more than simply being thankful. Thanks for sharing what you are grateful for.

Anonymous said...

Good one on gratitude and it helps a lot.

Thanks,
Karim - Mind Power