Friday, February 19, 2010

Heavenly Fathers Blessings

So it is no secret that life around our house can be a struggle, financially, emotionally,etc. Robert works two jobs just so we can stay mostly afloat and I do what I can to supplement while still being home with the children. This year for the preschool has been rough. At the beginning of the year I had a lot of interested and registered students and things look good. I ordered my curriculum to cover all the students and then all but a few pulled out for various reasons. I was left with a lot of expense with not a lot of money coming in to cover it. A few months ago we were blessed with a few opportunities that came to us that have helped to make up the difference and set us more ahead of where we would be with just the preschool.

I am so grateful for the promise I felt when we made the decision 3 1/2 years ago when I quit teaching that if we went to the temple each week we would be ok financially. That has truly happened for us. With each major financial situation since then, we have been blessed to come through it relatively quickly and with help from above.

2 comments:

Kristi M. said...

Thanks for the reminder of what is important. Things have been a struggle here too and sometimes I need to step back and re-evaluate our situation of what is important. It can be so hard when we live in a materialistic world or a world where our children feel pressure to be in everything stretching resosurces and time. Our struggles have definately brought us back together. thankfully your situation turned around. Stinks when it is something out of your control and at the last minute.

shellysanford said...

When reading this post is seriously sent chills down my spine, because we too have had a similar experience recently. I am so happy for you and your family!