Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday- Changing It up

I have decided to put a hold on The Holy Temple series for a little while. This past month has been a really trying time with our son Jesse. Yesterday at his counseling appointment his psychologist let us know that he is coming up for his diagnostic review and that he will be adding the asperger's syndrome diagnosis to the ADHD at that time.

I have taught many students with ADHD in the past. However I have only taught one student with aspergers and he moved just as we were getting him diagnosed so I didn't get a lot of experience learning how to work with him. So I have decided to spend some time researching AS so that I can better help my son. So starting next week I will be discussing the book Asperger's Syndrome by Tony Atwood.

0 comments: